Sunday 1 June 2014

Pin Up At Simply Magnolia.

Good morning, crafty blogger's.
I am here today with my DT creation for Simply Magnolia. 
Our challenge theme for the next two weeks is Pin Up.
(Use decorative pins on your cards/projects.)
Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is 
Live & Love Crafts with a £10 voucher to spend in store.



I have decorated another recycled notebook.
This one is for a very special friend. I posted it off to her on Friday so I am hoping she has received it before she see's my post.


I have die cut a Spellbinders stately circle with Neenah cardstock and stamped Virgo Tilda from the Zodiac 2014 Collection onto it with Memento rich cocoa ink.
I have coloured Virgo Tilda with Prismacolor pencils and inked around the stately circle with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink.
I have sprinked Frantage shabby white embossing enamel from Live & Love Crafts around the image
and positioned it onto a Cheery Lynn nautical wheeler doily and placed some cheese cloth behind it.

I bought the recycled notebook from my local Wilkinson store.
I have painted white Gesso around the edge of the book and matted Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics 3rd and 4th of April from Live & Love Crafts onto 300gsm white Conqueror card.
I inked the edges of the white card with tea dye distress ink and disressed the design papers with a Tim Holtz paper distresser.
The doily is from Ebay and the pretty lace across the centre of the bottom panel is from my local haberdashery store.
The 15mm white diamond Guipure lace is from The Ribbon Girl. 
The metal filigree corner is from Wild Orchid Crafts.
I have frantaged it with shabby white embossing enamel.
The Ivory 5mm pearls are from The Ribbon Girl. 
The vintage wood birdcage is from Live & Love Crafts. I have Frantaged it with shabby white embossing enamel.
The Ivory resin dove is from The Ribbon Girl. I have painted white Gesso onto the dove.
I have tied a bow onto the birdcage with handmade sky blue shabby seam binding from Live & Love Crafts and have also tied the binding to the spine of the book.
The lace that I have tied to the spine is from my local haberdashery store.
I have cot out the letters to spell Virgo with Pion Design Grandmas Schoolbook and inked the edges of the letters with tea dye distress ink.
The metal dragonfly charm is from craft stash. I have frantaged the dragonfly with shabby white embossing enamel and adhered a 3mm white pearl to the top.



The flowers consist of 30mm Ivory wild roses,20mm pale blue roses, a 20mm white rose and white lilies all from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Kort & Godt white chrysanthemum and white beaded stamens from The Ribbon Girl. 
The vintage crown sphere pins are from Live & Love Crafts. 
The white tassel is from my local haberdashery store.


A close up of the birdcage.


A close up of adorable Virgo Tilda.
I have added Ranger white liquid pearls to the flower in Tilda's hair and dotted her cheeks with a Inkssentials opaque white pen.


I know my friend will love her notebook.


We would love for you to come and join in with our Pin Up challenge.
My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations. Why not pop over for a peek?



I am entering my project into the following super challenges;





Thanks for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for all the lovely comments I receive.
I really appreciate them all.

Crafty hugs.
Donna xx





7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation. Such pretty details and layout. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna I love the gesso and I love Maja design papers ...with her and the birdcage with the bird on top is brilliant love every inch !!! ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful notebook Donna, and I love your gorgeous pinns!

    Groetjes Inge

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome creation Donna! It really is a stunning notebook! Hugs,
    http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna, this is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining us at LHOSM, good luck and I hope you will join us in the next challenge.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recycled notebook is gorgeous. I love all of the details and your coloring of the sweet Tilda stamp is beautiful. Thank you for joining our Tilda's Town challenge and hope to see you join us next time too.

    Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna
    I am following you on Bloglovin, which I should been a long time ago..
    You are creating such gorgeous cards and Projects. I really love your style.
    Hugs Britt : )

    ReplyDelete