Saturday 3 September 2016

Glistening Season

Hello, lovely blogger friend's.
I hope you are well.

I'm slowly getting back into crafting following 3 lots of major gynae surgery which is why I have been absent for so long. I still have some pain, but gradually Getting back to crafting is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. So I have a Christmas card to share! 
My first one this year. Only 17 more to go! Lol!!!


For the shape of my card I used GoKreate large frame frilly #2 and Maja Design Home For The Holidays paper from The Ribbon Girl
Other dies used are; Marianne Design Anja's Vintage decoration and Ivy circle. Sizzix on the edge snow flurries, Joy Crafts Billes flourishes and Christmas Ice crystals circle. Cheery Lynn pine branches and Spellbinders floral oval.
I have inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink.
The gorgeous white 'Marie Therese' lace. sunflower pearl trim, white flower sprays, larch cones, 2 - tone baby blue lilies, Prima blue vax cord  and snowman 2 charm are all from Live & Love Crafts
The green apple is from The Ribbon Girl
The curly Ivory roses are from WOC and the Magnolia blue beaded berries were a surprise gift from my super bloggy friend.


The image is from a sheet of Pion Glistening Season available from Live & Love Crafts
I have cut out the image using a CartUs oval and inked the edges with Vintage photo distress ink then I matted it onto a Spellbinders floral oval with 2mm sticky tape adhering a length of 4mm white pearl string from The Ribbon Girl around the outside.
I have added some sparkle to the snow around the adorable children and edge of the snowman with glamour dust.


A close look at the arrangements.
I have coated the flowers etc with Snow - Tex. I love the stuff!
The snowman is dabbed with snow cap acrylic paint dabber.


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and the smallest sized GoKreate large frame frilly #2  die cut.


I hope you like my first Christmas card as much as I have enjoyed making it?

I am entering the following super challenges;


Thank you for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for the lovely comments.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx










5 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas creation. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. Hope to see you for the next challenge.
    Craftynatalie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic festive creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this fortnight! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you back Donna shug & hope you are taking it easy & recuperating nicely. You certainly havnt lost your touch this card is stunning in every single way sweetie......if it needs a home let me know ;-) Sooooo beautiful!!.
    Thank you for joining us over at Noor Design UK, good luck hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    Sorry to hear you've been unwell, but glad to read you're feeling better and are back to crafting again. This I believe is the first vintage image card I've seen you make, and it has got the same gorgeous elegance as your Magnolia cards! Simply beautififully put together. Thanks so much for linking up too the LLC challenge and have a great weekend!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your florals are out of this world and the vintage image is perfect just adore this :)

    ReplyDelete