Friday 25 November 2016

Tim Holtz Gingerbread House

Hello. lovely blogger friend's.
I hope you are well and looking forward to the festive season!?

I have something different to share with you today.
I came across a great tutorial by Shari Carroll on Simon Say's stamp blog.
You can find the tutorial HERE
To make the gingerbread house you need Tim Holtz Village Dwelling Bigz die and 
Village Gingerbread Bigz die.
Unfortunately the die's were not compatible with my electronic machine so I searched Ebay and found a lovely lady who was able to cut the pieces for me using her Big Shot on 290gsm white cardstock so that I could make this cute gingerbread house.
Happy Days!

Here is what I achieved 


I sprayed the Village Dwelling main structure pieces with silver spray, and coated the base with Aleene's Glitter Snow.
For the alternating roof pieces I used Tim Holtz chipped sapphire distress ink and white card.
I inked the roof pieces with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink.
I also used chipped sapphire on the peppermints, candy canes, gum drops, window shutters and bow that sits on front of the wreath.
I used Ranger glossy accents on the candy canes and peppermints.
I have inked the pretzels and front door with Vintage photo distress ink and coated the pretzels, gum drops and wreath with ArtDeco glamour dust.
The snowflake above the door is Magnolia Doohickey.
I adhered a 5mm blue s/a pearl flatback to the centre.
For the wreath I have adhered tiny blue rhinestones and a 5mm white pearl flatback onto the centre of the bow.


Here is an angled photo of the gingerbread house.
I finished off decorating the house with a light dusting of Snow - Tex.


I felt that my gingerbread house wouldn't be complete without some light inside for use at night time so I placed a battery operated flickering tea light inside and it looks amazing when the dark evenings start to draw in.
I hope you like my gingerbread house as much as I do?
I am about to make a couple of other house's in the Tim Holtz village dwelling range to go with my gingerbread house.
You could say that I am now hooked!


I am entering my gingerbread house into the following super challenge's


Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today and big thanks for all the lovely comments that you so kindly take the time to leave.
I enjoy reading every one of them.

Crafty hugs
Donna xx
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is fabulous Donna. Love all the gorgeous details and the shining light looks so welcoming.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 308 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing.Loving the pretzels around the bottom.
    Its great when other crafters help out.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
    Jean DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW....love this! And the colors are perfect!

    Thanks for joining us over @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge!
    Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh your gingerbread house is just delightful. I could just see them on a fireplace mantel.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much detail love the colours and the all the sweeties looks awesome lit up too ...lost for words :)

    ReplyDelete