Thursday 25 January 2018

Swedish House Crafts - A Fish Kisses To Tilda - Desktop Calendar & Tutorial

Hello. lovely blogger friend's.
I hope you are well?

I'm here with my project for Swedish House Crafts blog.


I have made a desktop calendar, and featured one of the new Magnolia You're Invited 2018 collection stamps, which are available to pre order in store now. The stamp is called "A Fish Kisses to Tilda" Isn't she adorable???

I used Pion Design "Legends of the Sea" 12" x 12" complete collection papers. The complete collection are currently on sale in store at a great discounted price.

Links to the products are in text, and can be found at the end of this post.


I matted the calendar tab onto white card, and design papers placing a piece of white cheesecloth underneath. I used a selection of flowers from my stash, and positioned foliage between them using Gummiapan little twigs die. The pretty lace, and bronze anchor charm are also from my stash.


I stamped the image onto Bristol board extra smooth cardstock, and cut out using Gummiapan stitched rectangle. I stamped around the outside of the rectangle using Gummiapan Stockholm post stamp. I coloured the image with prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.

I sprinkled a little shabby white embossing enamel around the inside of the rectangle, and adhered it onto a larger stitched rectangle with 2mm foam tape, placing Gummiapan hen net between the two layers.


I've put together a tutorial for you on how to make a desktop calendar

You will need:
1 piece of white A4 card
21cm x 14cm strip of white card
2018 calendar tab
Score board 
Paper trimmer 
Pencil
Ruler Glue/sticky tape

 

Position a sheet of white A4 card landscape onto the score board, and score down the centre


Fold in half as seen in the above photo, and put to one side for later


Cut a strip of white card to measure 21cm x 14cm


Position the card portrait on the score board, and score at 2cm, 7cm, and 12cm.


Acordian fold as shown above


Take the card that you folded in half earlier, and adgere the 2cm scored tab to the inside bottom of the card. 
Acordian fold, and repeat with the other end so the tabs match up either end.


This is how the desktop calendar will look after it has been assembled

Thank you for stopping by today!

Links to the products that I used;















3 comments:

  1. I love this project, Donna! It's gorgeous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your tutorial! I really like the way it looks and I will give it a try sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi how gorgeous is she and thanks for the tutorial just love it will be trying it out love how you have decorated it :)

    ReplyDelete